Welcome to the Dream Merchant’s Shop! So glad you’re here.
My name is Guy D. Matityahu and I’m a sleep expert, dreamworker, psycho-herbalist, and altered states of consciousness facilitator.
I’m located in the San Francisco Bay Area, but my services do not require a physical meeting; in fact, I work with most of my clients remotely and can ship herbal products to almost anywhere.
The first question people ask me after they hear what I do is how I got to do it. So let me start with that:
- As a young man, I completed a B.A. degree in Behavioral Science (Psychology, Sociology, and Anthropology) at The Academic College of Tel Aviv–Yaffo, Israel.
- I went on to study Spiritual Psychotherapy, Clinical Nutrition, and Clinical Herbalism at Reidman International College for Complementary and Integrative Medicine.
- I got certified as a Meditation Instructor and Hypnotherapist (also at Reidman).
- I received a Sleep Science Coach Certification from Spencer Institute.
- I studied Chemistry at San Francisco State University.
- Since there is no formal Sleep Medicine education for non-physicians, I used (and still use on a daily basis) medical textbooks and scientific journals to learn the field on my own.
Now, a few points about my approach as a sleep therapist:
- Preventative medicine first.
- If a disorder arises, support the body-mind helping it heal itself.
- This can be done through the “Holy Trinity of Health:” proper Sleep, proper Diet, and proper Work.
- Alas, what is proper for one may not be proper for another. Therefore, all my recommendations are based on my specific clients’ personal needs.
- To find out what my client’s needs are, I conduct a thorough intake with each client as well as employ sleep tracking.
- Herbal medicine instead of pharmaceuticals; Mother Nature has taken care of all our medicinal needs.
Some of my clients suffer from sleep problems such as insomnia or bad dreams. Many of them are addicted or in the process of withdrawing from various sleep medications, such as benzodiazepines, as well as other pharmaceutical drugs, especially antipsychotics, and non-prescription drugs.
Others simply want to optimize their sleep (for example, for better cognition or athletic/work performance).
Suffering from Insomnia or Nightmares? Addicted to benzodiazepines? I’ll help you Get Rid of those Sleeping Problems for good! Naturally.
My sleep consultations will benefit adults (as well as children) who want to improve their sleep, can’t sleep, or suffer from sleep problems, such as:
- Insomnia (including trouble falling or staying asleep and poor quality sleep)
- Addiction to benzodiazepines and other drugs
- Jet lag or adjusting to a night job
- Nightmares or night terrors
- Sleep paralysis
Relying first and foremost on the latest evidence-based sleep science, I help my clients uncover why they are suffering from insomnia or other sleep problems and what they should do in order to sleep well.
Cognitive behavioral methods have been proven in scientific studies to help and provide a more long-lasting relief than drugs. I provide my clients with knowledge regarding evidence-based techniques used by sleep specialists and cognitive-behavioral therapists, such as
- sleep restriction
- stimulus control
- improving sleep hygiene
- mindfulness and meditation
- biofeedback and sleep tracking
- progressive deep muscle relaxation
- lucid dreaming therapy for insomnia or nightmares
- and cognitive techniques such as paradoxical intention
All of these techniques are very easy to carry out and have proven to be effective.
But this process may take time, so using sleep aids does make sense in the short term. No need for pharmaceuticals though because Mother Nature has taken care of that already!
You may be surprised to learn that there are natural remedies that are far superior to some of the strongest sleeping pills on the market today and without terrible side effects.
As a clinical psycho-herbalist, I provide my clients with safe and effective herbs, which address the root cause of their sleeping issues as well as help symptomatically by inducing sleepiness.
I work with a wide spectrum of natural remedies to address any co-morbid/secondary conditions, such as stress including post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), menopausal changes, autism, depression, anxiety, etc.
I also provide support with drug withdrawal, especially withdrawal from benzodiazepines and other sleeping pills.
In many cases, sleeplessness is caused by an underlying medical condition. The action plan I’ll prepare for you will also address that with lifestyle suggestions which in some cases (e.g., diabetes, heart disease) may even reverse the disease.
Many of my clients experience weight loss as a result of following the recommendations. Lifestyle modification is one of the most important components of dealing with sleep problems, and if you’re overweight, we will need to bring you down to a normal weight as part of the program.
In short, I will provide you with a personalized, comprehensive, and holistic action plan based on your own particular conditions and circumstances as well as cutting-edge scientific research in sleep medicine to rid you of your sleep problems, once and for all. Naturally.
Become the master of your sleep and dreams by accessing my expertise in sleep science, herbal medicine, and meditation.
Dreams & Other Altered States of Consciousness
As a dreamworker, I perform a function that in primitive societies has usually been performed by a spiritual healer or shaman.
I provide guidance and support with the other reality, the spiritual reality which can only be perceived when we turn our attention inwards, such as when we are asleep when we dream, and also when we attain true meditation.
Dream Work: Gain power over your dreams.
As a Dreamworker, I offer Dream-related Services/Products, such as Lucid Dreaming and Astral Projection Coaching, Dream Interpretation, etc.
Do you dream too much? Are your dreams intense or nightmarish?
Or perhaps you don’t remember any dreams at all? Or don’t understand your dreams as much as you would like to?
Or would you like to explore the dream world consciously in lucid dreams?
Or to rid yourself of the fear of death by experiencing your spirit separate from the body by having out-of-body experiences, also known as astral projection?
Or perhaps you are looking to awaken from the collective daydream of illusion most of us waste our entire lives in…
Whatever your goal may be, if it concerns dreams or other altered states of consciousness, I’m available to support you and help you attain it.
- Develop dream recall and learn how to have lucid dreams at will
- Understand your dreams better through awareness and interpretation
- Become a dimensional traveler and experience out-of-body experiences through the practice of astral projection
- Reach a higher, enlightened level of consciousness in which you continually experience a state of joyful love, ecstasy, and bliss
As a psycho-herbalist, if needed, I’m also able to provide my clients with herbal prescriptions to help them reach their goals.
Psychedelic Guide & Trip Sitter Service
I’m available to serve as a psychedelic guide and trip sitter. I can provide guidance remotely, however, if you’re looking for someone to be with you physically during a psychedelic trip, then you should know that the price of my in-person service depends on how far you are from where I am.
Note that I do not provide or sell any illegal drugs.
What is Trip Sitting?
As a trip sitter, I will be present physically with you to ensure your safety while under the influence of a psychedelic, dissociative, or deliriant drug, such as:
- Salvia divinorum
- Psilocybin mushrooms
- Mescaline and Cacti (San Pedro, Peyote, etc.)
- Syrian Rue (Peganum harmala)
- Common Reed (Phragmites)
- Fly Agaric (Amanita muscaria) mushroom
- Some people who take cannabis for the first time, especially in oil form, may also want to have a sitter with them.
- Other psychoactive drugs and dream herbs.
In some cases, I can also serve as a psychedelic guide, and take an active role in guiding your experiences.
As a trip sitter, our process will consist of 3 parts:
- Preparation – I will prepare you for the experience by answering any questions you may have and providing you with important information you need to know before commencing the trip. For example, being a clinical psycho-herbalist, I can provide my clients with plant allies, and herbs that may be useful in combination with your chosen mind-altering agent.
- Trip – I will make sure the set and setting is healthy, and provide support and/or guidance throughout the entire trip experience.
- Post-trip Integration – I will help you integrate and understand your experience.
A free consultation is also available, where you may ask me any questions regarding sleep, dreams, and other altered states of consciousness.
What is a healthy life?
My idea of a healthy life is dualistic to reflect our existence as a mind-body:
- Healthy body: Get plenty of rest, maintain a plant-based diet, and exercise daily.
- Healthy mind: Work on becoming more and more present in your daily life, practice meditation, and explore altered states of consciousness, if you’re inspired to do so.
Schedule Planning for Success
While as a sleep consultant, I work a lot with people who suffer from sleep problems, my method of developing a personalized schedule for my patients can help you attain any goal you may have, such as:
- Becoming rich or powerful
- Being healthier and extending the life
- Getting a specific job or career
- Fulfilling forbidden fantasies
- Learning how to control your nocturnal dreams (lucid dreaming)
- Gaining the capacity to have a conscious out-of-body experience (astral projection)
- Attaining spiritual enlightenment (meditation)
- Exploring altered states of consciousness, including those which result from ingesting psychedelic and entheogenic compounds, such as Ayahuasca, DMT, “Magic Mushrooms,” and LSD. (I do not sell illegal drugs, just provide support before, during, and after using them. I do sell some legal psychoactive substances.)
Why did I call it “The Dream Merchant’s Shop”?
Tribute to an old computer game in which one of the characters you meet is called The Dream Merchant. It is this evocative character and its story within the game which sparked my initial interest in dreams as a kid.
The game, by the way, is called The Death Knights of Krynn.
What are Lucid Dreams?
Did you ever experience dreams in which you know you’re dreaming?
These are lucid dreams.
It is possible to enter this state at will (directly from waking life – these are called WILDs, or Wake-Initiated Lucid Dreams) – although for most people it happens spontaneously (in what’s known as a DILD, or a Dream-Initiated Lucid Dream.)
Lucidity in dreams can be portrayed as a spectrum. At one end of the spectrum, you have a weak sense that this might be a dream, but can’t really control it, while at the other end, you can fully control your dream.
Learn more in my Lucid Dreaming Guide.
What are the benefits of lucid dreams?
Besides fun – and lucid dreams are extremely fun obviously since you can do anything you want with absolutely no consequences – lucid dreams have many other benefits.
Dreams allow you to tap into your unconscious mind, whether in order to condition it to cause changes in yourself and the world or to learn from it or gain information.
You can for example heal yourself from various physical and mental issues just by requesting it in a lucid dream.
But magic is possible too, that is, you may be able to heal another person or cause something outside of yourself to happen.
The learning that can happen in a lucid dream can also be either internal or external.
You can gain information that you had but forgot, which is useful for example if there are memories you need to recall.
And you can also gain information that you never knew until it is revealed to you in a lucid dream.
What is Astral Projection / Out of Body Experiences?
Out-of-body experiences usually feel like you’re leaving your body, entering it or floating around it and exploring the world as a “spirit” (or “astral body.”)
Like lucid dreams, astral projection can happen spontaneously or at will.
Astral projection is the process through which you can tune into your astral body in order to exit your physical body.
NDEs involve experiencing the exit of the spirit at death, only to return to your physical body soon thereafter.
The significance of astral projection is not only that it changes you deeply by making you realize that you’re not your physical body.
You can supposedly also use it to explore any part of the universe – past, present, and future. (With the exception of astral-guarded places, such as government facilities.)
You can also transcend to higher, more spiritual realms, far removed from our physical existence.
Learn more in my Astral Projection Guide.
What is Meditation?
Meditation is the practice of non-doing.
Meditating means that you’re not doing anything, not even actively thinking.
We just allow the mind to rest whilst maintaining a sense of awareness.
Your mind is like a mirror reflecting your external (e.g. sensations) and internal experiences (e.g. thoughts) without focusing on anything in particular.
But since it’s so difficult to not do anything, most meditation techniques for beginners involve focusing on an anchor, such as your breath, a mantra, or an image.
The most basic meditation technique would be to just sit down, eyes closed, observing the breath. If your mind drifts away, simply bring it back to focus on the breath.
Why you should meditate?
Meditation creates a stable mind, which is a prerequisite for being a successful lucid dreamer and astral projector.
A mindful state of consciousness can also be used to treat sleep disorders, such as insomnia.
But its ultimate goal is far more significant.
Eventually, once you’re able to be constantly in meditation, meaning that throughout all your activities you can maintain the meditative state in which you are just present with all you experience, you will have achieved becoming “enlightened.”
But what exactly is enlightenment?
Imagine experiencing the world from the point of view of everything, fully aware and completely unidentified from the self. Reality is reflected in your mind, but no thoughts arise (unless the mind is needed in order to bring about a change or make a decision.)
In that state where you don’t know yourself as separated from the whole, you feel a sense of deep ecstasy and bliss.
The emotions that dominate your heart are love and compassion for everything since you are everything.
You experience the world with no ego, just as pure consciousness.
For me, there’s no higher achievement than enlightenment.
It makes your life perfect.
No other change