My End Nightmares Elixir was designed to inhibit dreaming, particularly excessive dreaming, vivid dreams, disturbing dreams, bad dreams, and nightmares, while promoting deep, restorative sleep as well as pleasant dreams.
If you have tried taking medications to treat nightmares, then you may have been prescribed with drugs such as clonidine, trazodone, atypical antipsychotic medications, topiramate, low-dose cortisol, fluvoxamine, triazolam, nitrazepam, phenelzine, gabapentin, cyproheptadine, or tricyclic antidepressants.
If you are reading this, you must have discovered how useless these drugs are for the prevention of excessive dreaming. (Or when they are effective, they often cause uncomfortable side effects.)
That is because each of these drugs addresses only one facet of the complex phenomena of dreaming. By contrast, my anti-nightmare elixir takes care of the entire spectrum of possible causes for troubled dreaming. (While not producing any serious side effects like pharmaceuticals.)
How Does My End Nightmares Elixir Work?
Deep sleep requires elevated serotonin levels along with low acetylcholine, cortisol, and norepinephrine levels.
My End Nightmares Elixir has the following effects:
- It reduces norepinephrine and cortisol in the brain, and therefore adrenaline (epinephrine) levels in the body.
- It lowers the vividness of dreams to the point where no dreams may be recalled, while also lowering acetylcholine levels.
Let’s go into the details…
Reducing Stress Levels (Adrenaline & Cortisol)
The most effective drug for nightmares, especially nightmares associated with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), is prazosin.
Scientists are yet to discover why prazosin works for PTSD nightmares, but they currently suspect it works by inhibiting the activity of the neurotransmitter norepinephrine within the brain (by blocking alpha-1 receptors).
This makes sense if you remember that norepinephrine (also known as noradrenaline) overflow in the brain becomes adrenaline in the body, the fight-or-flight hormone.
Adrenaline increases our heart and respiratory rate and prepares us to deal with the danger in front of us. But when there’s no danger (after all you’re lying safe in bed), the brain may create a danger in the form of a nightmare.
To put it in simple terms, high adrenaline levels during a dream may equal a nightmare.
Thus, reducing norepinephrine levels may definitely help nightmares of this etiology. It can also prevent dreams which are very long and vivid.
As for cortisol, also known as the stress hormone, its levels should also remain low during the deep stages of sleep.
My Elixir however covers other underlying causes of nightmares as well.
Deepening Sleep (without suppressing REM)
Another possible cause of nightmares is low serotonin levels in the brain.
Adequate serotonin levels are required in order to enter deep sleep.
High serotonin levels however may cause a suppression of REM sleep.
That is not a sustainable approach to dealing with excessive dreaming since REM sleep is necessary for our health and well-being.
Moreover, suppressing REM sleep (like some anti-depressants do as well as OTC supplements such as 5-HTP and melatonin), causes a REM rebound – increased dream vividness as the substance is wearing off.
5-HTP and melatonin also have a very short half-life so taking them before bedtime will usually not cause REM suppression for the entire night unless perhaps you take a very large dose.
For example, melatonin has a half-life of 40-60 minutes, which means that it will stay in your body for about 5 hours.
5-HTP has a half-life of 90 minutes and is practically out of your system after 5-6 hours.
So unless you sleep less than 5-6 hours per night (or unless you experience bad dreams during the first half of the night), taking these supplements before bedtime may not be helpful.
Reducing Dream Vividness and Recall
My End Nightmares elixir also taps into the power of cannabinoids while not containing cannabis at all.
The THC in cannabis works by activating cannabinoid receptors within the brain (the CB1 receptor).
We don’t know why activation of these receptors cause less dreaming, but I suspect it may have something to do with its effects in the part of the brain involved in memory: the hippocampus.
CB1 activation causes a decrease in acetylcholine levels, which is a neurotransmitter involved in attention and memory.
Increasing acetylcholine levels causes increased vividness of dreams, therefore it makes sense that decreasing these levels will cause less dreaming.
Moreover, the elixir will also increase levels of anandamide, the natural substance in our brains that activates the CB1 receptors and like THC has the ability to impair memory.
To recap, an effective cure for nightmares must increase serotonin levels while lowering norepinephrine, acetylcholine, and cortisol levels.
My Anti-Nightmare Elixir accomplishes all that by virtue of its ingredients, which include:
- Withania somnifera (Ashwagandha) – In Ayurveda ashwagandha is used to promote deep dreamless sleep. Today we know that in addition to its sleep-inducing properties, it may also lower cortisol and adrenaline levels. But ashwagandha does not only promote dreamless sleep; ashwagandha dreams are often reported to be fascinating, enjoyable, and sometimes even lucid.
- Piper methysticum (Kava kava) – contains kavain and yangonin, which may decrease acetylcholine levels by activating cannabinoid receptors, and thereby may also decrease dream vividness and recall. Kava may also increase serotonin levels and is anxioloyic.
- Cannabis lupulus, more commonly known as Humulus lupulus (Hops) – while it does not contain THC, hops does contain the cannabinoid terpene beta-caryophellene, which like Kava, activates the cannabinoid receptor. Hops also induce sleep, and in medical herbalism it is often used to treat sleep disturbances.
- Piper nigrum (Black Pepper) – contains guineesine, an endocannabinoid reuptake inhibitor, which may increase levels of anandamine and thereby inhibit short-term memory and decrease acetylcholine levels. Guineesine may also function as a mild monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI), which may increase serotonin levels.
- Scutellaria lateriflora (Skullcap) – skullcap is a nervine tonic, which not only relaxes nervous tension, but also renews and revivifies the nervous system. Nightmares and restless sleep are some of its specific indications.
Ashwagandha, kava, and hops are sedatives, so you should not take this preparation before driving or operating heavy machinery.
The listed price includes shipping.
Dose: 1-2 sips before bedtime.
It may take up to 1-2 months for effects to fully manifest.
To avoid ingesting alcohol, mix into a cup of hot water and let the alcohol evaporate.
Additional Information & Warnings
Keep in mind that this formulation can help prevent bad dreams; it is not a long-term solution in cases in which the nightmares are caused by an underlying issue (e.g., Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, using certain medications, etc.). In such cases, I recommend scheduling a sleep consultation.
Manufactured in a herbal pharmacy.
FDA Required Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Note that I also sell personalized herbal preparations. Contact me for a free consultation.