Most prescription drugs will affect the trip. Research everything you are on before doing mushrooms. Lithium and other anti-manic agents can be bad.
Intention: Know why you are doing the mushrooms. Write down your intentions.
Setting: The physical environment where you undergo your experience, whether it’s in your bedroom, in a ceremony with a shaman, or at a music festival. Setting includes music, light, pillows, toys, or anything that is physically in your space with you as you embark on your journey. Candles/fire are not recommended.
Mindset: Your personality and mental state going into the experience, (this is the kind of person you are, your fears, desires, conflicts, guilts, secret passions) and the attitude you have going into the experience and your intentions for the journey.
Methods of Consumption
- Weight the mushrooms first.
- Crush in bag or grind mushrooms.
- Steep in hot water for 20 minutes.
- Strain our mushroom bodies (you do not need to eat them).
- Add honey, ginger and your favorite tea bag for taste.
- Micro-dose 0.05-0.25 g (while some people consider 0.3 g as a micro dose, others may already experience light effects at this dosage or even at lower dosages)
- Light 0.25-1 g
- Common 1-2.5 g
- Strong 2.5-4.5 g
- Epic 4.5-5.5g
- Cosmic 5.5-50g
Start small! For your first time 0.5 to 1.5 g is good. There is a big difference between 0.5, 1, 2, and 3.5 grams.
Use a scale and make sure you know how much you are about to take.
The more you take, the more intense the experience you will have.
An eighth (3.5 grams) is a lot of mushrooms.
Do not mix with alcohol.
Before taking research all your medications. Start by searching: “DRUG-NAME Psilocybin Mushrooms”
Microdosing vs. normal dosing: With normal dosing, you use between 0.5-3.5 grams all at once, on or two times a month. With microdosing, you use anywhere from 0.5-3.5 grams throughout the month. The difference being, with microdosing, you won’t have any of the psychedelic effects. The psychedelic effects begin around 0.5 a gram, and the more you take, the more you will experience.
How does microdosing help with spiritual growth?
Magic mushrooms allow us to reduce the separation between our body and spirit. They further our connection with what exists inside us beyond this physical realm. Both the normal & micro dose can help you heal.
How does microdosing heal you?
The healing effects of mushrooms come from your true self. If you seek to improve focus, meditation, creativity, mindfulness, energy, or reduce anxiety, depression, stress, the microdose protocols can be a great introduction to the path of becoming who you can be.
How much is a microdose?
Most people start at 0.05-0.1 g and adjust based on their experience. A microdose of mushrooms can range from 0.05-0.3 grams. If you are experiencing visual effects, you have taken too much.
Reset / tolerance break: All microdose protocols schedule 2-4 weeks of rest after you have completed 4-8 week microdosing journey. This break or rest is essential to prevent tolerance and maintain the effects of the mushrooms.
There are 6 basic microdosing protocols. There are several reasons why you might want to use a different schedule. It is highly recommended that you keep a journal to track the effects of the protocol you choose.
- The Fadiman Protocol: James Fadiman says that this protocol is intended to help you to observe the effects of microdosing. Take a dose every 3 days for 4-8 weeks.
- Two fixed days a week protocol: Take two microdoses per week with at least 1 day between doses. (e.g., one dose at Friday night and another in Tuesday morning?)
- Every Other Day Protocol: Take microdose every other day for 1 month.
- Paul Stamets’ Protocol: A 7-day cycle, 4-days-on, 3-days-off, for one month. (e.g., Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday). Stamets’ Stacking: According to Paul, the combination of psilocybin, niacin (vitamin B3), and Lion’s Mane medicinal mushroom have a positive, lasting effect on the brain. He calls the use of these 3 substances “stacking.”
- Intuitive protocol: Take one when you feel like it leaving at least one day between microdose days.
- “Nightcap” Protocol: Can be used with any microdose protocol. The microdose is taken before going to bed. Some people experience fatigue while microdosing mushrooms during the day. It’s recommended to take the microdose at least an hour before going to bed. People who microdose this way indicate that their dreams are more vivid. They wake up more rested and brighter than before they started microdosing. I do not recommend taking even micro doses of magic mushrooms before nocturnal sleep since it may drastically reduce the amount of deep sleep you will get.
Normal Dose (0.5-3.5 g)
How to have a good experience?
Go with the flow. Don’t resist.
Magic mushrooms are like a roller-coaster ride.
There is no getting off until it’s over.
You are strapped in, if you try to get off, you will only make things worse.
The best thing to do is just enjoy the ride.
Music: Something with no lyrics, chill, relaxing, calm, “meditation music.” Don’t loop or repeat music.
Timing: Don’t have anything to do for 8-24 hours. Don’t do them late at night, they will keep you awake. Do not drive or work. No stressful situations.
Mindset: Positive mental state, not stressed or worried.
Setting: Safe spot, home, or in nature with someone sober who knows how to take care of you.
Stomach: Mushrooms can be rough on the stomach. It is recommended to take them on an empty stomach. Vomiting is not extremely common but may occur, this is natural, and you will feel much better after you purge.
Afterward: Reflect on your experience. Eat your favorite food. Do not go to bed hungry.
How to avoid bad trips:
- Positive mindset/meditation
- Know and accept the effect
- Don’t take too much
- Don’t be stressed
- Stay hydrated
- Be in a comfortable space
- Have a sober and caring guide
- Play relaxing music
- Do fun things
How to end bad trips:
- Focus on something else
- Go to a comfortable space
- Play calming music
- Eat something if woozy
- Talk about your stress, do not repress it
- Remember the trip can change, and will later end
- If necessary take anti-anxiety medication (a heavy indica cannabis strain might help)
Remember: Mushrooms cannot kill you! They can only make you think they can. Everything will be OK.
The Doctrine of Religious Evolution (the new “Stoned Ape Theory”)
The story begins a very long time ago when we were all omnivorous monkeys roaming the plains of Africa. One thing a hunter uses to find prey is their droppings. What grows out of these droppings? Magic mushrooms. The monkeys would have come across the mushrooms, not once or twice but hundreds of thousands of times. If you are a hungry monkey and find these tasty-looking mushrooms, what would you do? Probably try one.
When you eat a small amount of Magic Mushrooms, you notice a few things, mainly enhanced vision and hearing. You now see every leaf that moves, every plant you might want to eat, and hear every sound an animal could make. This is a significant advantage to any hunter.
When you eat a bunch of these mushrooms, you see some indescribably things and meet entities (spirits) with knowledge they want to teach you. As a monkey who has just seen God, you would be compelled explain what you experienced to other monkeys.
The Religious Evolution doctrine states that Magic Mushrooms were the reason for the evolution of both human communication and the concept of religion itself. Monkeys trying to explain spirits and God to each other.
Mushrooms can be used in many ways and on many levels. From as little as 0.1 of a gram all the way to the cosmic levels of 15+ grams, mushrooms help you connect with who you truly are and what exists beyond.
The key with Magic Mushrooms is never to do more than you are ready for. Healing can come from a microdose (0.1-0.25g) to the strong dose (2.5-4.5g). Deep spiritual work and connecting with the you that exists outside of time (your soul) begins at the strong dose (2.5-4.5 g) to epic or heroic dose (4.5-5.5g), and continues all the way to the truly cosmic levels of 15g+.
For the high dose work, you must work your way up and ensure you have the proper set and setting. Do not take more than 5 grams until you have tried 5 grams at least once. If you feel drawn to the high dose work, increase your dose by no more than 2 grams at a time, and always make sure you have a sitter that knows how to help you. It’s not a race or contest. High-dose work can be terrifying. If you are not ready for what you will see, you will regret it.